1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlining removal

Broken Byzan May 31, 2007

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I have read the glorious Haynes manual, and understand what it says etc, i just wonder if anyone has any personal experience of removing the headlining from an A4?

I want to fit an overhead flip down screen and i recon i need to put something above the lining for it to screw into unless anyone knows better :respekt:

2. Danielson

Danielson Member

i know a few guys on the zine have had the headliners off to recover them, might be worth a post/search there.

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

already there;-)

4. 951

951 Member

I removed mine (avant) Basically just remove the handles and visors/lights/a pillar trims and pull down the door rubbers,i didnt need to remove the b/c pillar trims just had to unclip the tops and pull them down slightly . But i presume for the saloon you will have to take the front or back screen out !!

5. Broken Byzan

I only need to drop an edge, so may just remove one side for now,that should give me enough access to wedge a bit of MDF ablove and sikaflex it to the roof.That should be more than strong enough to do the job i think

6. billybravo

billybravo Active Member

no need to take any windows out you mite need to take the front seats out, i also had a friend help me pull it out out of the front door.