1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlining removal

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Broken Byzan, May 31, 2007.

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have read the glorious Haynes manual, and understand what it says etc, i just wonder if anyone has any personal experience of removing the headlining from an A4?

I want to fit an overhead flip down screen and i recon i need to put something above the lining for it to screw into unless anyone knows better :respekt:
  2. Danielson

Danielson Member

i know a few guys on the zine have had the headliners off to recover them, might be worth a post/search there.
  3. Broken Byzan

4. 951

951 Member

I removed mine (avant) Basically just remove the handles and visors/lights/a pillar trims and pull down the door rubbers,i didnt need to remove the b/c pillar trims just had to unclip the tops and pull them down slightly . But i presume for the saloon you will have to take the front or back screen out !!
  5. Broken Byzan

I only need to drop an edge, so may just remove one side for now,that should give me enough access to wedge a bit of MDF ablove and sikaflex it to the roof.That should be more than strong enough to do the job i think
  6. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

no need to take any windows out you mite need to take the front seats out, i also had a friend help me pull it out out of the front door.