1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlights Performance

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jdp1962, Apr 16, 2006.

1. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

How good are the standard headlights in the B6? The reason I ask is that the standard lights in my B5 are notoriously poor, and I recently bought some Osram Silver Star repalcement bulbs which improved them dramatically.

As I'm about to swap to the B6, I've been hunting through the shed for the old bulbs to put back, so I can use the Silver Stars in the new car. But I can't find them anywhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Am I going to have to shell out again, or will the lights in the B6 be acceptable?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. firestorm

firestorm Member

jeff,
    they'll be better with the silverstars (H7). I had them on mine for a while, then upgraded to proper HID - now that made a huge difference!

regards

4. jdp1962

Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Thanks, Firestorm. I guess if I can't find them, I'll have to buy another set.

5. jdp1962

Update. Found the old bulbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif