Headlight Washers

IOM-S3

Reaction score
Hiya ppl,

Ever since i got my S3 the headlight washers have not worked? any ideas what this could be as i know there just operated on water pressure but they dont come out of the bumper?

lee

Thanks for the replies :) will they work when stationary with headlights on?

Yes they work stationary...while holding the washers for 3 - 4 seconds with lights on.

right cheers for that, in that case mine dont work :(

There is a seperate water pump for the headlight washers to the window washers, hence the reason they dont both come on all the time. The pumps are located in the water bottle and have a tendancy to go. Its ****** tricky to get to the pumps though due to the knuckle removing lack of space!!

The Fuse went on my through the winter when they had frozen, new fuse problem sorted. Worth a check

Thanks guys is the fuse located in the interior fuse panel?

more often it is caused by bent hose, previous owner / mechanics could have bend the hose behind the front bumper and that stops pumping any water at all, no water means it wont even rise up.

Fuse is in the interior fuse panel, i had mine go in the winter.

They will also only work when the headlights are on, not just side light, you need the lights fully on.

Press the washer in for a few seconds and they should work, will also work on stationary, you dont have to be moving.

hi yall,
i have the same problem the washer only works on the headlights when they are on and not on the windshield at all. can figure it out at all anyone else have something similar

There is a seperate pump for the windshield and the headlights. Your headlight pump is probably goosed. There prone enough to failure.