Headlight washers syphoning screen wash..........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Anyone experinced this? Its starting to really **** me off as ive got to fill the washer bottle up every few days. Its the passenger side thats leaking, you can see it dripping out.

it started when i conneceted the washers up for the mot in october, prior to that theyd been disconnecetd for 2 years due to the car crash i had whenthe line got cut, like i said it first started when i reconnected them back up but stopped after a few hours, now is started again.

Any ideas?

I had a leak after the mrs pulled the front bumper off with a curb

This is how I ended up with the intercooler sprayer as one of the windscreen jet units was leaking and syphoning so just wired it to a relay and plumbed it to jets ;)

Well im seriously thinkig of doing the same mate haha.

Working on that at the moment, had a leak from where the hose joins the headlamp washer on the passenger side the hose had become hard and brittle. I cut about an inch off the end off the hose and reattached it. All you have to do is remove the front bumper (14 screws and 4 clips and it pops straight off) which is nice and easy to do.

Its not the hose mate, checked it all out, it seems to be the actual washer unit itself.

Mine has done it since one of the big freezes, I have a new jet to go on when I rip the engine out because i want to use the washer bottle to feed the WMI

Yeah mines leaking from somewhere as well, been doing it for a couple of months now. Also I noticed the other day that my drivers side headlight washer is sticking out more than it used to.

373F035D.jpg

Mine does the exact same mate, anyone any ideas why their popping out like lemons?

Have mine taken apart at the moment, as mine were sitting about 10mm proud of the bumper too. They just have to be pushed back down. I found the best way to do it was to lift the cover out and grab the stem underneath, unclip the cover, then using two large flat head screwdrivers push down on either side of the nozzle until you hear it click back into place. Then just clip the cover back on.