1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight switch

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by robby, Mar 15, 2010.

1. robby

robby Member

I have standard headlights and my switch has OFF, Sidelights, ON positions along with the 2 wheels for h/l leveling and dash dimmer.
    What would happen if i put a switch on which has the same but with the DRL position as well? would it work as my current one (DRL position not doing anything) or would it change the way the lights work?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

I would imagine that it would work the same

I would presume that your current switch cabling wont have the extra wire in the loom going to the central electrics, for the drl to work, so it shouldnt throw any errors.

This is only working on theory though~!

I seem to remember some one else had a similiar prob to this a while ago, but I cant remember the outcome . D?OH!

4. davej_anderson

Not quite the same as your question but I had an 06 with xenon and DRL - the difference to what you've got is instead of the adjuster it was the DRL on off toggle. When I pt the facelift switch which had the DRL function on the main dial this kinda screwed everything up in that the lights that went on and off etc weren't as selected by the switch and the DRLs were permanently on. The wiring in this case was different.