1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headlight scratchs audi a3 2004

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by khalil, May 5, 2008.

1. khalil

khalil Member

hi can someone tell me if the lens on the headlights be cleaned use some sort of polish as mine is badly chipped, there not really chips more like very light spot scratch if that makes any sense,it looks like if its got dirt on it,it makes it look really old, any advise any poilshes,
  2. Matt

Matt Active Member

I think there is a way to do it that involves sanding them down then machine polishing them afterwards but glass is pretty tough stuff to be polishing scratches out of!
  3. khalil

khalil Member

do you have i link or something, oh the headlights i belive are plastic or i could be wrong
  4. tjm69

tjm69 Member

5. Bell_S3

Bell_S3 New Member

Try Meguirs Plast-X. You can even get it from Halfrauds. I've used it on headlight plastic before and after two or three hits by hand the results have been excellent. Also a much safer method than wetsanding.:yes:
  6. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Working by hand, the advice above is very sound with regards to the Plast-X. Working by machine, Menzerna 106FA on a polishing spot pad is ideal and works a treat. :thumbsup:
  7. khalil

khalil Member

oh brilliant i knew you would know,but i heard that you need to sand it down bit afraid to do that and thanks all you guys for the tips