Headlight range adjustment motors

cerips

Reaction score
Anybody got a guide on how to change these blighters over?

I've had a look but can't find anything.

I believe they twist and lock, so just twist the adjuster and it will pop out. Reinstalling it is a bitch though because you need to make sure the prong with the ball on the end sits in the seat properly... cue plenty of cursing and swearing.

Obviously you will need to take the headlight(s) off. To do this you need to remove the bumper: Remove the two outer grills and look up - remove the two long bolts you see. There are then some small torx screws holding the bumper to the wheel arch lining. Remove them and the bumper can be removed. Push the side of the bumper to the REAR of the car while also pulling it out towards you to release it from the bracket... there's a knack to it. It's a bitch at first but having removed my bumper countless times now, I'm somewhat of an expert lol. There are then four? bolts holding the headlight in place. Remove them, remove the connectors from the back and they'll pop right out.

If you already know how to remove the bumper then THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME. :p ;)

I believe they twist and lock, so just twist the adjuster and it will pop out. Reinstalling it is a bitch though because you need to make sure the prong with the ball on the end sits in the seat properly... cue plenty of cursing and swearing.

That's what I thought, I gave up after trying for a while when I was swapping to my xenon headlights.

Might give it another go this weekend if it ever stops raining!

I cheated a bit and opened mine up. When you do that you can remove the circtuiboard, then manually extend the ball prong thingyjig by moving the wormwheel so that it's easier to fit. Once in place, you can roll it back a bit, then replace the circuitboard.

Sounds like a faf, but really it takes seconds. Before doing this cunning little workaround, I think I had spent about 30 mins of swearing and failing to fit them. Give it a go.