Headlight question What is this code "8IG"

SRT

Reaction score
Sorry for being dim :expressionless: Hope its just me and not headlights!

The code 81G is the Audi code for a Gas discharge headlight - more commonly known as a Xenon headlight. Being Xenons the most certainly will not be dim!!

All the items added to a car at the factory have a 3 digit code called a PR code and this is what the 81G is.

The code 81G is the Audi code for a Gas discharge headlight - more commonly known as a Xenon headlight. Being Xenons the most certainly will not be dim!!

All the items added to a car at the factory have a 3 digit code called a PR code and this is what the 81G is.
Aha thanks for that. My configurator shows this and then adds PX4 xenon plus which I dont remember ordering. Ive added other stuff tho but tried to restrain meself - wondering what my final payment will be.:dizzy:

Aha thanks for that. My configurator shows this and then adds PX4 xenon plus which I dont remember ordering. Ive added other stuff tho but tried to restrain meself - wondering what my final payment will be.:dizzy:
The PR codes and the option codes don't necessarily match. The 81G codes just indicated Xenon headlights where as the option code WB6 is the Xenon Package which includes PXA Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus as well as PU8 Light and Rain sensor package and the QQ4 interior lighting package. The PXA Adaptive headlights with Xenon plus can also be added on it's own to some models (S-Line and S3) as they already include the Xenon headlights as standard. It can all be quite confusing but anything that is not clear just ask and we will try and help.

Reactions: Minion Bob!
Delayed reply so sorry as ive been so focused on my new delivery. Yes my new car is an S line. xenon plus shows on the config info and I have the comfort pack but dont remember anything about the plus bit:hushed: Its all pretty confusing as you say but thanks again.:relaxed: