Headlight help please?

ben_harmer32

Reaction score
Hi all,.

In the process of fitting facelift headlights to my 1999 S3 using the guide below:

A3 Facelift Headlamp Upgrade - Audifans.net

However on the wiring part (square plug round plug) it states that there is an udaptor on german ebay? Has anyone got a link to this please as i cannot find it and don't really want to start cutting the lights up :)

Cheers

Ben

You don't need the adaptor on pre facelift s3's, I didn't with my 2000 S3 the new lights just plug straight in.

You don't need the adaptor on pre facelift s3's, I didn't with my 2000 S3 the new lights just plug straight in.

As said, i think you only need the adaptor if you dont have the OEM xenons, so if you have a A3 and upgrading to the s3 headlights you would need it, if its S3 to S3 then you should be good.

correct me if im wrong tho.

Trups

I bought cheap eBay halogen headlights for an A3, followed the guide, but didn't need the adaptors, think you only need them if you're doing the conversion on an A3 and updating them to face-lift A3 lights. but pre-facelift S3 to facelift A3 doesn't need them. If that made any sense :icon_thumright:

Reactions: t8ups
Please don't fit them :-( they're for A3's that's why the plug is round.

Any s3 xenon light has the round plug. The facelift a3 headlights have the same round plug. It's only the PREFACELIFT a3 that had the square plug, hence the thread above altered the loom. And I've heard of people having problems with the leveling motor, I never had a problem, just pull the inner casing up whilst you push the ball end into the inner lamp, it'll fit just fine! It's straight swap, the only thing was the third bolt at the bottom of the headlamp didn't line up to anything, don't worry about that either!

My pre-facelift s3 lights have a square plug and my facelift a3 lights that I have fitted have a square plug. No round plug in sight.