1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight conversion for French roads

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GaryHorse, Jul 16, 2012.

1. GaryHorse

GaryHorse New Member

[Jul 16, 2012]
    Going on hols soon and just looked at headlights on my A3. No markings on glass to show where to put the masking so I don't dazzle traffic when driving on right! Any ideas? It would be great if there was a switch but can't find one...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 30, 2014]

3. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

[Jul 16, 2012]
    Go buy yourself some transparent plastic light deflectors. Can be obtained on cross-channel ferry or from Halfords. They come with instructions on how to fit them. Not fantastic light pattern, but will make you legal in France I believe. Have a look at this web site: These are the ones I use. Travel Spot - Eurolites Headlamp Beam Adaptors By the way, for driving in France you will need the following: 2 X Yellow safety vests carried inside the car, Set of spare lamps, Emergency triangle, and 2 X breathalyser packets....new law starting 1st July 2012. However, fines for not carrying the alchohol breathalyser only start 1st November. Other than that, just be extra careful. Happy motoring