1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight bulb upgrade

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Andy-R, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Member

Just looking at new headlight bulbs want some nice white ones as the yellow OEM really let the car down at night so just wondering firstly do hid's work in none adapter headlights? Or are they too dazzling with poor beam pattern had them in my Lexus and they worked great but didn't work well in the BM with the headlight design the beam was all over the place so don't want to spend the money if they won't be any good, so if hid's are no good which xenon's? 55w or 100w I'll assume the led ones are no good with the canbus system unless you use a resistor or buy expensive error free ones don't want to spend a lot just want some nice looking bulbs that have a good clean beam, cheers.
  2. b7sline

b7sline Member

Hi mate, not to sure about what fit where but if you pm t8ups or have a look at EM TUNING in the sponsors part of the forum. he sorted me out with all the bulbs I needed(headlight/fogs and some leds) all error free there ice white and make it look more modern that the yellow one I had in!
    Get price aswell :)
    sidibear and Molnboman like this.
  3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

+1 For T8ups
  4. Ste sri

Ste sri New Member

I run hid's in mine with no issues had the beam checked at an mot centre and their as good as a normal bulb, like you say though I tried some in my old e46 and they were terrible. The Audi's seem to be fine though.
  5. Sitys

Sitys New Member

Just fitted bulbs from T8ups,and over the moon..lovely crisp white lights.....
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Member

Cheers Will give him a shout only want the h7 for the dipped beam already ordered some 501's for the sidelights, how much did you guys pay? If you don't mind me asking.
  7. b7sline

b7sline Member

Off the top of my head think it was around £5 but I ordered the full front set + all led for my interior so I guess you'll have to add postage just pop him a pm
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Member

Cool cheers
  9. biffo911

biffo911 New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum so hello. I've fitted Canbus error cancelling HIDS to my B7 .Bought the Ultimate 55W kit from Hids4u. But be aware that they supply bulbs with a thick plastic flange and they dont fit under the spring clips properly and keep falling out.I cured this by buying the metal based bulbs from Ebay.Now ok and stay in. Beam pattern is good and doesn't dazzle and can be adjusted on the load knob by the lighting switch. A good upgrade, also fitted led sidelights to match the colour.