1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headlight bulb confusion :s ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by marshall-12, Apr 22, 2012.

1. marshall-12

marshall-12 Member

[Apr 22, 2012]
    when i purchased my audi a3 1999, the bulb warning light was on. picture of a bulb with a cross through it.

the guy told me there has been a wrong bulb fitted, somewhere but he doesn't know where as they all work, ive just went through every bulb other then the rear plate lights, changing every bulb with a new one then checking by turning the key. warning light stayed on every time.

i also purchased some headlight bulbs and side lights, h1 for main.. h7 for dipped.. h7 bulbs fitted for dipped, but for main beam it has a h4 :s... luckily i had a set of blue h4's from my old fiesta that i fitted but still, is it ment to be h4 or has it had some sort of conversion which is putting a warning light on? no idea why some1 would want to that.

no idea why this light is on, i know its not anything serious because they all work, but its bugging me everytime i turn the key and it beeps and brights the light on lol

any advise?
    cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. marshall-12

marshall-12 Member

[Apr 22, 2012]
    my headlights dont have fog lights in either?
    not sure if there ment to, but my old golf was same year and did, i know they share some things.
  4. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

[Apr 22, 2012]
    Pretty sure the bulb warning light is simply a continuity test to highlight a blown bulb, I dont think it can detect a wrong bulb, and as you have changed all yours this would sugggest that its a spurious warning, possibly a wiring fault and I'd suggest finding a friendly auto electriciian to check it.
  5. marshall-12

marshall-12 Member

[Apr 23, 2012]
    yeah i changed every bulb :/ any ideas on the h4?