1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headlight bulb change

marktdisport Dec 20, 2011

1. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

Hey folks tryed a search but nothink comes up..... my headlight bulb as blown tonight, my question is how do you get access to get them out ????  thanks

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

3. unitzero

unitzero Bagged B7 170 TDI Avant Audi A4 Black Edition

I was also at a loss after popping the bonnet and looking round there for a good 10 minutes, but after taking a look around - found a great step by step guide (similar to the one James posted above) to removing the headlamp and it was a piece of cake after that. (only needed to do the drivers side though)

4. marktdisport

perfect info thanks guys, was screw no2 i couldnt see

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

DON'T remove the two lower screws, just slacken them off.

6. marktdisport

thank james funny i ordered some new bulbs last week some osram night breakers, but didnt expect one to blow tonight the bulbd havent arrived yet either

7. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Tape the top edge of your bumper as well so it doesn't get scratched.

8. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Thanks for that tip :) will be doing that when I do mine

9. PhilW

PhilW Member

Normally i would say people are nuts to remove a headlight to fit a bulb but on an A4 its like a 2 minute job which makes the whole thing sooo much easier.

Might be worth checking your headlight pattern against a wall before and after to make sure its adjust correctly after removing it.

10. mikeh126

mikeh126 Member

Very good advice. I've just changed my bulbs to xenons. Unless the headlight is pushed firmly all the way in at the bottom, the headlights end up, like mine, pointing at the tops of the trees!! So, had to slacken the torx 30 bolts again, and re-adjust.
    Also - changed the sidelights to 8 LEDS each side, and the fog lights to Nightbreakers. Vast improvement!!:yes: