Headlight beam adjustment for european driving

crazylegscrane

Reaction score
I'm heading over to France for some snowboarding in March and I'm trying to find out if its possible to adjust the xenon headlight beams on my S3 from RHD to LHD.

I've done a search on here but couldn't find anything directly related to the S3, any help would be much appreciated.

you cant really change it for proper lhd driving, you can however do 2 things, 1st is in adaptation with VCDS or vas5051/52 you can set a tourist mode, this just lowers the beam or 2nd you can just adjust it lower

Noting the tourist mode is purely for cars with auto levelling systems which the S3 has standard given bixenon, although I havnt tested it on a car with the electrical manual level adjustment on headlight switch that has 0-3 settings dial, but cars without any electrical adjustment at all cant use tourist mode.

VCDS takes 2 minutes to do.

You would think with adaptives as per you & me that they would be able to use properly on lhd roads with a complete beam adjustment given left/right/up/down, but alas no thats to clever for them huh

Thanks for the info - I'll have a word with the old dealership and see if they charge to do this. It's not the best system if you have to go to a dealers to have them adjusted as they'll be incorrectly set for the UK and i'll be coming back at night

Another reason to have VCDS, got a nice S3, treat it to genuine VCDS & yes the stealer will charge you to do this where as buy VCDS & its free everytime after.

John me old mate, what was trhat thread we were discussing the cluster etc & the DIS menus as I have some nice updated info for you & the boys.

Well I've been trying to get a group buy going for ages now so £228.75 delivered is the cost.