Headlight adjustment motor

kimarkarlsen

Reaction score
Hi guys, I really need some help from you guys to get my car trough the EU-control on cars in Norway. I am not allowed to drive my beloved audi a4 b5 1.8t quattro, before the motor to manually adjust the headlights work.

The problem is the valeo (1j0941295f) motor in my new headlights. First, i don't know what pins they should be connected, got three wires i don't know where to connect. Secondly, the voltage to the adjustment motor is too low, but the voltage to the lights are ok. Could a relay be broken just to the adjustment motor? And where do i find it?

Please help, i want my audi back on the snowy roads and have fun

Sincerely

-Kim-

The motor has three wires. A ground, a 12v feed connected to the dip beam headlamp, and a signal wire from the knob on the dashboard.

I'm unsure how you've ended up with wires and nowhere to connect them... surely the car came from the factory with the levelling motor, where did the original wires go?

The motor has three wires. A ground, a 12v feed connected to the dip beam headlamp, and a signal wire from the knob on the dashboard.

I'm unsure how you've ended up with wires and nowhere to connect them... surely the car came from the factory with the levelling motor, where did the original wires go?

Well. I have changed the original lights. Still got the original motor. But instead of going down. It went the opposite way. I thought i just had to change + and ÷ and it would go the other way. It didnt. So i wonder if there is the wrong wires from the 8 pin connector going to the motor. Must have done something wrong. The voltage is lower now. Maybe fried a relay or something.

Well. I have changed the original lights. Still got the original motor. But instead of going down. It went the opposite way. I thought i just had to change + and ÷ and it would go the other way. It didnt. So i wonder if there is the wrong wires from the 8 pin connector going to the motor. Must have done something wrong. The voltage is lower now. Maybe fried a relay or something.
So it would be nice with some color codes and numbers from that 8 pin connector and the three wires to the motor^^ need to find the reason to that the voltage decreased. Maybe i short circuit for a moment ? Any ideas how to get higher voltage to the motors again? Got like 5 volts there now

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1404662475543.jpg
    FB_IMG_1404662475543.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
the voltage will depend on the setting of the rotary switch inside the car.

I'll have a look at my spare headlamps for you tomorrow and figure out the pinouts for you.

the voltage will depend on the setting of the rotary switch inside the car.

I'll have a look at my spare headlamps for you tomorrow and figure out the pinouts for you.
Thanks man:) i know. But they are not moving. The voltage is too low. Should be like10-12 v on max lvl on the switch. I got only 5 volt