1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlamp - what type?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Shink, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Shink

Shink New Member

[Oct 28, 2009]
    Hey guys.

I'm going to express my profound ignorance here, but what bulb do I need?

I am not even sure if this is a HID or not? A link to a bulb that will fit will be greatly appreciated.

It's an 03 1.8T Quattro Sport, if that helps.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
  2. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

[Oct 28, 2009]
    Dipped beam is H1 if it's not xenon and D2S if it is.

The easiest way to tell whether you have xenons is to see if you have headlight range control adjustment near your headlight swtich which allows you to move the beam up and down. Xenons don't have this as they are adjusted automatically.
  3. Shink

Shink New Member

[Oct 28, 2009]
    OK, cool. I have the level adjustment, so I don't have xenon. Therefore, H1.

Excellent, thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to change the bulb! Probably involves removing half the wheel arch, the bumper and the headlamp unit :think:
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 28, 2009]
    The fact it hasn't got headlamp washers is a giveaway its not got factory HIDS/Xenons... (assuming the pic is of your car of course)

UK law requires a vehicle to have both washers and autolevelling for Xenons to be legal.

<tuffty/>