Head unit upgrade

rob0904

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the 1 sd card reader in my A1 and I'm looking to upgrade it too the tech pack one, the silver bezel'd one.

Can I just swap it in to get it working?

I know it may/Will have component protection on it. Just need to price the removal up.

Has anyone done this?

Any help would be great.

Rob

Hi, just seen your reply, I'm in the Midlands which is a shame. Can I just swap the head unit or would I need a replacement gateway module?

Rob

Hi, just seen your reply, I'm in the Midlands which is a shame. Can I just swap the head unit or would I need a replacement gateway module?

Rob
You can swap without getting a gateway, but will need component protection removing. If any use to you I have a coding parter in Manchester who can host a remote session.

Reactions: T-800
I haven' got the upgraded stereo yet but a remote session would be even better. What do I need my end for a remote session to happen?

I will got searching for a unit now...

I haven' got the upgraded stereo yet but a remote session would be even better. What do I need my end for a remote session to happen?

I will got searching for a unit now...
The most cost effective route would be to visit my coding partner in Manchester, who will connect to your car with one of my interfaces and allow me to run the session. If this is not an option then you could PayPal me a deposit and I could send you an interface to use in the same way... interfaces for the official VW Group are not cheap tho.

Of course no worries on id and receipt. EBay receipt ok? Just I case that's where I find one?

Of course no worries on id and receipt. EBay receipt ok? Just I case that's where I find one?
That’s fine. I just need proof that the unit is not stolen in order to satisfy VW Group guidelines.