1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

head unit stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by bena3turbo, Aug 26, 2007.

1. bena3turbo

bena3turbo Genuine Dude

[Aug 26, 2007]
    hi guys,

i went away on holiday, and, being the idiot i am, i left the interior light on and flattened the battery.

The problem I have now is the head unit wont let me enter the code. I've read through the concert manual, but no joy. None of the buttons respond. When I press TP and RDS to enter the code, nothing happens!

I've disconnected the battery and the head unit and tried it again several times.

Is there anything else I can do? The silence is deafening :(
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 26, 2007]
    Turn the ignition on first then press & hold TP & RDS until 1000 displays. You have to hold them quite hard.
    The use the 1-4 keys on the radio to enter the 4 digit code i.e. 6789 would mean pressing the "1" key 6 times then the "2" key 7 times etc when the code is correctly displayed on the radio press & hold TP & RDS again until the radio comes on.
    You have to do it with the engine running or with the ignition on as sometimes it doesn't work properly otherwise.
  4. bena3turbo

bena3turbo Genuine Dude

[Aug 27, 2007]
    Yeah I've tried that about 20 times now Andy and nothing happens. It's as if its crashed, stuck on the safe mode and nothing is functioning. I only got it a couple of months ago as well, grrr :mad:
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 27, 2007]
    Have you tried it without the ignition on/engine running?
    Alternatively you need to unplug the power on the HU and wait 2 hours then try again.
  6. spike

spike New Member

[Aug 27, 2007]
    Hi bena3turbo
    Not sure which type of head unit you have but on later model radios you need to press and hold the RDS and SCAN buttons until 1000 appears.

Cheers Spike