Head unit confusion please help

Pbowers1979

Reaction score
hi some help needed please, after buying two head units now for my 2002 s3 single din I've had enough lol, anyone know the part numbers or have pics of the head units that are compatible as Its getting frustrating wasting money and having no music, any help with this would be great, ideally I wouldn't mind putting a CD player in as I have no changer in boot, Audi only though no after market thanks again, also the stereos I did buy had the same wiring so could wire them up but they never powered up at all, any idea why that would be.

audi wiring is pish , use the speakers , but run a power wire from the battery to the radio , take out the headlight switch and find a wire that only comes on with the key in, and use that for the remote on , that how I done it .

You need a Concert II which will be CANBUS controlled. Non CANBUS Concerts will not power up as they need 2 x 12v power feeds, one permanent and one switched with the ignition, your S3 will only have a perm live and uses the CANBUS to tell the HU when the ignition is on. Also it needs to be from an 8L A3 otherwise the fascia won't fit properly. Alternatively you need to wire in a switched live for the ones you have that don't power up. Just take a feed from the fusebox using Radio S-Kont, this is the correct feed, this needs to run back to the black power ISO on pin detailed as S-Kont below
A3BlaupunktConcertDiag2.jpg