Head unit advice

If you add speed cameras then you will get warnings even when not using Sat nav as it always runs in the background and follows your route. Might be handy for some ;)

I want to see TMC in action, anyone used it before or know if TMC Pro is worth buying?

Reactions: Artimus
If you add speed cameras then you will get warnings even when not using Sat nav as it always runs in the background and follows your route. Might be handy for some ;)

I want to see TMC in action, anyone used it before or know if TMC Pro is worth buying?
That's the same with my current Pioneer head unit! It's really handy as a reminder, even when you know the area well.

TMC is only worth buying if the information is utilised by the Sat Nav whilst programming your desired route! If you have to keep checking manually it's not worth it.

How's the Audio adjustment & setup - can someone post a shot of the EQ settings screen please?

It has a TMC receiver built in and I think iGo uses it in it's planning. I may be wrong though... The premium version is £50 for a lifetime licence so is reasonable if it works well. Would be interested to hear peoples experiences, I don't often drive through traffic. I will be going to Brighton next weekend though so will give it a whirl then.

Also get speed warnings ....you are over the speed limit....every few seconds lol got annoying after a while so turned that off

Must admit Artimus I have not tried the dimming wheel so not sure if it adjusts the button lights on the head unit

Reactions: Artimus
Thanks for posting, that looks okay, but I have to say I'd probably miss my Pioneer's almost infinite adjustability.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394685997063636

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394686024314096

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394686047299106

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394686060766816

Fitted one in mine was ok for 300 pounds tbh but could tell it was a Chinese unit was slow to operate had too much lag.

Did it sound ok. Have you still got the unit in your car

I don't much see the point in a RNS-E clone! Even though it's cheap, if the thieves can't tell the difference they'll break in for it anyway.

Update:

Turned out mine was a lemon lol, Head unit causing battery drain issues that could not be rectified, unit being sent back

Glad you got it sorted mate, much easier being a head unit fault rather than your own wiring!

hey AK47UK, I bought this unit as it was spose to be hassle free to install lol shame as I did like the unit, I been in contact with caraudiodirect they want me to wait on sending it back untill they have had chance to phone Zenec tomorrow and speak with them to see if the problen can be resolved

Been sent a new CANbus adaptor as Zenec thought that may be the issue, fitted earlier today and the head unit is still drawing power and draining the battery, my local garage thinks it may be the Bose amp in the boot not being shut down when the head unit powers off, think its time to call it a day have tried everything Zenec have asked me to do but still no luck

It must be a faulty Zenec head unit or a wiring problem in your car, the Zenec continues to play audio when the ignition is off until you remove the key, does the music stop once you remove the key?

I feel for you, nothing more frustrating than something like this. Do you know how to use a multimeter? You could test where power is going after the engine is off.

Yeah AK47UK bit of a pain, yep head unit powers off when key removed nothing is on, yes I have multimeter but the idea behind spending £800 on this unit was it being a straight swap and hassle free so I shouldnt have to do all this checking and mucking about, this unit is supposed to be Bose friendly, plug the concert II back in and all is well bit strange really, biggest pain is I really liked the unit, cant moan at zenec or caraudiodirect as their customer service was spot on

I see where you're coming from but in my Bose install it was plug and play and works as intended and I think we have the same MK car, that's why I suggested it could be a faulty Zenec unit or something wrong with the car. Seeing as your headunit works ok I would suggest a faulty Zenec first of all. Had they suggested replacing the actual unit? I can't recall doing anything to the quad lock pins to get it to work. Could your quad lock pins have been messed with previously?

I dont think anything has been messed with (I am no expert) its all original equipment, I could do some multimeter reading but I was thinking the longer I have this unit and mess about the less inclined they may be to take it back, if it is a faulty unit then no amount of messing about will fix it, I will get in touch with caraudiodirect today see what else they say

That's sensible, I thought they would have offered a replacement by now.

They may do mate, pain is I have wired all the cables through the back that was not easy and now I will have to try and undo all my hard work lol