head rebuild

stephen

Reaction score
Due to my consistant oil burning of my 1.8 20vT i have decided i'm going to rebuild the cylinder head. is there any tips/advice for when doing this? i recon the oil burning is due to worn valve stem oil seals, so this is the main reason for the rebuild.
thanks in advance.
Stephen.

Sorry to hijack but how much oil does your motor use? How many miles has the car done?

My S3 seems to burn a lot of oil and its only done 40k

stephen said:
Due to my consistant oil burning of my 1.8 20vT i have decided i'm going to rebuild the cylinder head. is there any tips/advice for when doing this? i recon the oil burning is due to worn valve stem oil seals, so this is the main reason for the rebuild.
thanks in advance.
Stephen.

Rebuilding standard or uprating the valves? Are you seeing smoke out of the exhaust at high rpm?

Aky said:
Sorry to hijack but how much oil does your motor use? How many miles has the car done?

My S3 seems to burn a lot of oil and its only done 40k

uses about a ltr every 2 days or so. im only covering 25miles a day (max). milage on the car is 115k. turbo was reconditioned about 500miles ago.

ChriS3 said:
Rebuilding standard or uprating the valves? Are you seeing smoke out of the exhaust at high rpm?

just a standard rebuild, the smoke clears a few seconds after about 2.5krpm(so ive been driving around keeping above that). its really really bad just after starting up and anything up to about 2.5krpm.