1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head lights have got crazing

saxonblue Jul 2, 2012

1. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

My headlights have cot this odd crazing / yellow-ish/ odd stuff on them,
    i have tryd to get rid with a plastic headlight polish, but no joy.... it looks horrid, and its letting what is a othwise a very clean and well lookd after car down
    i just cant seem to shift the stuff???
    can you get the glass (plastic cover) for our headlight, or will i need the full unit?
    help plz

2. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

get some pics up.

3. Dubbers1

Dubbers1 Top Gear VCDS Map User

All they need is wet sanding and polishing back up, I did the exact same on a mates Astra a couple of weeks ago because his had gone all crazed, heres a couple of pics, if you want more info just ask

This was before, note the weird cracking at the top

[​IMG]

This was after the wet sanding stages

[​IMG]

And finally after I machine polished them back to a good as new shine

[​IMG]

4. rawtor51

rawtor51 Active Member

Just as Dubbers said , a wet sand and a polish up will sort them out, done thison my A3 and a mini before, electric polisher works best , you will be there for a month ofSundays doing it by hand.

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

6. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

thanks guys. mine are a little worse than those tho, will it still work,
    it looks like theres been somhing stuck to the lights and its left a film on there , or maybe a lacoure has come off??? god knows, but its driving me up the wall