1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head light problem ...please help, anyone?

10blazin Jan 8, 2010

1. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Hi guys , Sometime's when i start my car up it comes up on the dis headlight bulb fail its on the left xenon but when i turn the lights off and back on they come back on , Also when i rev my car the light seem to flicker a little

Does anyone know how to get to the xenon bulb so i can swap them round , I have tryed flicking the metal clip off holding the cover on but cant get the cover out is there a thread on this ???

Also what is a ballast are they expensive where is it located and will i have to get audi to do this ...

please help guys much appreciated , I did ask on the flickering headlights thread but no one answered ..:(

2. 10blazin

Anyone??

3. Synchromesh

Synchromesh :-)

These are the steps to remove the bulb:

• disconnect the battery (seriously, never work on xenon with the battery connected)
    • release the metal clip from the cover
    • remove the cover (might take some force the first time)
    • disconnect the cable on the xenonbulb (in case of a d1s, use a flathead screwdriver to wiggle the cable downwards)
    • release the 2 metal clips holding the bulb
    • pull out bulb
    Because of the lack of space in the engine compartement behind the lights I would advice removing the headlights. However, before you can remove them, you need to remove the front bumper, which is a bit work but can be done in your own garage...

DIY Bumper removal
    FAQ Replacing xenonbulb

4. 10blazin

thanks for your help guys with all the information ive received i managed to build a new death star..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. paszko

paszko New Member

Hi did it solve the problem? I've had the problem!

6. 10blazin

no mate no one replied , lol ...It's not major just something that niggle's me