Head Light options

Razor344

Reaction score
i have a 2011 avant, im looking at doing subtle mods to the car.

wheels and ride height already done so im now looking at the front lights

What options do i have

like the look of the one with the LED strips etc

thanks
marc

Hi I have an Audi A4 1.8 TFSI 2008(B8 )Model and just had fitted rear led lights and they look great, but iam now looking for the headlights that have the led strip in them, can anyone help with advice?..can i fit headlights of newer model? and would they need coded or adapters? or are there any after market ones that anyone would recommend?

I just swapped out my Halogen DRLs with two sets of bright white 50w CREE bulbs, and my main beams with Runstreet Canbus 10400 Lumen LEDs in my 2010 A4 Quattro. Check out the links to Aliexpress.com. The DRL's look like an angry viper now, and the headlights could land an airplane. No error codes on either. The pics below are one of the new 10400's with the stock bulb on other side.
IMG 3179 IMG 3178

Reactions: hendo16
I just swapped out my Halogen DRLs with two sets of bright white 50w CREE bulbs, and my main beams with Runstreet Canbus 10400 Lumen LEDs in my 2010 A4 Quattro. Check out the links to Aliexpress.com. The DRL's look like an angry viper now, and the headlights could land an airplane. No error codes on either. The pics below are one of the new 10400's with the stock bulb on other side.
View attachment 74676 View attachment 74677
Hi Mike, is it an easy job to change the cree bulbs? they look so much brighter and not so orange..I would love to change mind if its easy enough? cheers

Yeah it was pretty easy. There is another thread somewhere on this forum if the driving lights are what you want to change that I found that shows pics of where to make cut outs of the headlight assembly. You just take a utility knife and cut out two covers and the bulbs are right there for swap. For the headlights it's even easier, you just swap them out.

Yeah it was pretty easy. There is another thread somewhere on this forum if the driving lights are what you want to change that I found that shows pics of where to make cut outs of the headlight assembly. You just take a utility knife and cut out two covers and the bulbs are right there for swap. For the headlights it's even easier, you just swap them out.
OK thanks Mike i will see if i can find the thread....

I thought the same thing initially. It really was easy though. The plastic is very thin as if it was designed to be easily cut out if/when a bulb needs to be replaced. So you just poke in the utility blade, move and poke again, rather than sawing through. It is almost impossible this way to cut a wire accidentally. Once that cover is cut out it's unplug one bulb and plug in the new one.

I thought the same thing initially. It really was easy though. The plastic is very thin as if it was designed to be easily cut out if/when a bulb needs to be replaced. So you just poke in the utility blade, move and poke again, rather than sawing through. It is almost impossible this way to cut a wire accidentally. Once that cover is cut out it's unplug one bulb and plug in the new one.
I might give it a go then, the link you gave me for the bulbs you got for your Audi, do they post to the U.K?

I'm sure they do, I'm in the US and the products usually come from China or Singapore. It just takes a number of weeks to get to you. WELL WORTH the efforts though!
FullSizeRender

What did you use to cover the hole after cutting it out?
I have not done it yet Scott..but i think other people who have done it have re- used the plastic cut out bits and stuck in with silicon or taped up the holes or i think you can buy rubber covers from Audi..but you would need to check the forum or the link that Mike put on that shows or tells you what other people have done...

I replaced the DRL's in mine. Used 54mm caps I ordered off Ebay that are designed for binoculars /cameras.
There is a proper Rubber cap that Audi sell but it's around £11 each. The bulbs used for the DRL's are designed to last several years so Audi probably thought they may never go, thus only making a token effort to make the bulbs accessible.
Have a look in my build thread
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

I think one forum member used 54mm caster cups that are used on the bottom of furniture casters and just used some silicone to stick them on.

http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-black-plastic-castor-cup-dia54mm-pack-of-4/241378_BQ.prd

Karl