1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head light beam deflectors

jonny Aug 17, 2004

1. jonny

jonny New Member

I am about to go to France on Friday with my A4. I could do with a bit of advise about head light deflectors. Vindis Audi, Cambridge claim that I HAVE to get Audi's version as it is the only kit that fits, wait for it.....for £50 + VAT
    Halfords seem to offer a kit for £6.99 (inclusive of VAT)!!
    What gives??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I've heard the same on another forum. On my TT I just flicked a switch.

Not good.

p.s. Are your's Xenons as I'm not sure if what I read was Halogen or Xenon.

3. jonny

jonny New Member

Halogen. I think older A4's had a switch but B6's don't.
    Good old German logic.........

4. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

I used to go to France every year with my parents as a nipper, and I seem to remember some people using black sticky tape as deflectors, so I reckon you'll be ok with the halfords ones!

I don't know what the legal blurb is, but there's no way I'd pay £50+vat for a few bits of plastic I'm gonna use for a couple of weeks then chuck away, and I can't really see the gendarme pulling you over and giving you a ticket because you're deflectors are not Audi approved!! After all, they all drive citroens and renaults, so how would they know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I believe the GB sticker is also a legal requirement, but you won't find me sticking anything to my cars, never get the damn things off again. Best to go with a magnetic one and hope no-one nicks it!

Have a good holiday!

Mike

5. jonny

jonny New Member

Thanks chaps, all set I think. I even checked my oil today!!
    I am looking forward to some cheap fuel for a change...