hazard lights stuck on

mel_man

Reaction score
hi
earlier today i flashed my hazards at a mate as he went the other way and about 5 mins later, the hazard switch lit up and all the indicators were permenantly on. i pulled over, whipped the fuse out (#39 iirc) and the lights went off. the indicators work as normal, but its mot time soon so i need it sorted, any ideas??
everyone seems to say the switch / relay is a common fault... sound likely?
oh if it makes a difference its a '51 S3 :blush:
cheers
Andy

Relay switch is a common issue to go ,the hazard switch needs replacing Mel

As already mentioned, it will be your hazard, cost about £40 from Audi and it takes about 20-30mins to change, you will have to take the centre piece out unclip the current one and clip the new one in...job done :)

takes about 5 minutes to change. lol.

There is another not so common fault as well, so if this doesnt solve it, start looking at your ECU.

haha 5 mins sounds a lot more up my street! now the inevitable question... how do i get the shiny black trim off lol?
oh and my cup holder decided it didnt want to push back in today so i need to whip that out for a gander whilst im there haha
cheers guys

Just screwdriver it off, but see if you can put a cloth or something in between as not to scratch ot.

The cup holder is yet another common problem, once mine goes in, it doesnt want to come back out!!!

yeh the black trim is just clipped in, carefully get a cloth +flat-headed screwdriver behind it, it doesnt take much force IIRC to prise it off.
It should all be clear from there.

As for the cup holder, mind was a bit iffy going back in sometimes so i priced a new one up from Audi it was over £30 so I just stuck with the one I had seeing as mine did actually still work fine.

£36 for the new hazard switch and £33 for a new cupholder... spontaneous payday purchases will be the death of me!!
il findd out tmrw if it fixs the hazards... ready for the mot friday!

good work people, i got the hazard switch today, fixed it!! mot tiiiiime!
cheers for your muchos helful advise!