1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hazard lights flashing randomly

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jammy84, Jul 16, 2011.

1. jammy84

jammy84 New Member

[Jul 16, 2011]
    Hi i have ran a search but cant find the exact answer im looking for

2004 a4 1.8t

Every now and again the hazard start flashing when the cars parked up and i realised when this problems there, the interior map lights stay on too. Also the remote central locking doesnt work when this problem is on. To fix it i need to press the hazard lights to turn them off then lock the car manually with the key.

It is getting annoying. Is this just one problem or others too? They all happen at the same time. Is this the common hazard switch fault? Is the hazard relay on the back of the hazard switch itself?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. kevbu

kevbu Member

[Jul 17, 2011]
    Ive had this intermitantly too. Can go months without happening, then randomly do it 5/6 times in a half hour journey.
    My theory its a collision sensor somewhere playing up.
    If car was in a crash, would it turn hazards on, unlock doors and put interior light on for you? I dont know, but sounds possible.
    Every time I decide to investigate further, it fixes itself, until the next time and winds me up again!!
  4. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Jul 17, 2011]
    can be the hazard button or the comfort control unit
  5. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

[Jul 17, 2011]
    i would say the comfort module to have affected the central locking