1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hazard Issue

Heitor Dec 27, 2009

1. Heitor

Heitor New Member

Hello guys!

I have a 8L and I'm having problems with my hazard lights, the turn signals work fine but hazard doenst sometimes it blinks one side sometimes nothing at all. Does anyone have a clue of wtf is happening??

Regards!

2. noddys3

noddys3 Member

Mine is the same matey, they have a relay built into them and always stick, euro carparts say around £26 odd +vat mate for a new one!that's what I've done!

3. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Use the search tool, look for hazzard relay.

Cheers matt

4. Heitor

Heitor New Member

I did some search but the thing is usually u have a indicator problem with the hazard. In my car I just having problems when the hazard is on...only one side blinks or sometimes there's no blink at all..

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

There are 2 relays built into the hazard switch unit, one works the repeaters, and one works the hazards. Replace the switch and your problem will go away.

Good luck

6. Effect

Effect Member

I have a brand new one that was used to try and fix a different problem that i was having (unsuccessfully I might add).
    Yours for the princly sum of £20 (cost me £28 + vat)

James

7. metricspaces

metricspaces Member

8. Heitor

Heitor New Member

Can u ship to Brazil? How much?

9. Heitor

Heitor New Member

I found the electrical diagram for the hazard relay...if it helps someone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tryed to fix by myself, yesterday, and I got one side of the hazard working again but the other side still lazy....

10. Effect

Effect Member

Yes I can
    Postage will be about £5

Regards
    James

11. carlparkin19

carlparkin19 New Member

hi there i have been reading a couple of posts, and not sure what my problem can be. the hazzards come on by themselfs and unlock the door, also if you get in the car and start it the light that says passanger air bagg off near the interior light flickers on and off, some times you can keep the hazzards off but others you cant any help out there if it is just the hazzard switch anyone got a new one or no where best place to get one is.

cheers carl:blackrs4: