Haynes Manual...

Izzy1

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
... where can i get one for a facelift B5?
i've looked all over the net and can't find one.
Even Halfords don't sell them...

help please

Haynes manuals are hopeless, black & white photo's and none of the bits you actually need to see and the most useless index on planet earth. Forum and tech articles are far more useful & provide real world info.

Aragorn - I've seen some in the past which are 96-01 A4/passat. but looking for them now i can only find one and thats for USA and 1.8T. not diesel. would it be wise to bite the bullet and get the 95-00 book? where else can i try to find the correct manual?
Andy - they may not be the best but for a novice like myself it's a starting point. is there another book (tech manual) you can advise me to get?

I have a haynes, it is useful to have a read thru before starting a job, as it will often highlight parts of the procedure that you'd not considered.

Its not perfect for sure, but combined with ELSAWin for the more complicated stuff its a useful part of the tool box, especially for a less experienced home mechanic.

The book i listed above is the only UK book for the B5.

cheers for that mate. i'll place an order now.
you mention ELSAWin... whats that?

Its the official VAG workshop manual. Its all computerised, and you can usually find it on eBay or floating round the internet.