1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having to sell my baby :o(

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Mike_P, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mike_P

Mike_P Member

[Nov 15, 2005]
    Well, the time has come... and I'm not a happy bunny - I've really been in the doldrums today about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm going to have to sell the 3.2 because it's just costing me too much - last month I spent nearly £300 on petrol, with probably the same again this month as I've been to Edinburgh on a trip!

Love the car to pieces, it's so capable of everything I chuck at it, makes a great noise and is soooo comfortable. But, due to the costs, the fact I want to actually finish the DIY in my house (!) and the fact that I'm going to be emmigrating soon means I'll have to sell... Will be in the classifieds shortly if anyone wants to have a peek.

Tempted to specify that the next owner must take good care of her, but that's probably just too sentimental... How has everyone else coped when you've had to sell a car you love before you;re supposed to?

Sorry if I've rambled.. just needed to get it off my chest

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Nov 15, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Tempted to specify that the next owner must take good care of her, but that's probably just too sentimental... How has everyone else coped when you've had to sell a car you love before you;re supposed to?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry you've got to sell the car, Mike. Coincidentally, the guy I sold my last car to, a Focus ST170, still posts on the same Focus forum I use (http://www.ffoc.co.uk).

He looks after it more than I did, and I used kid gloves as it was! It's strange reading his experiences with the car, even though it's been more than a year since he bought it. He once sent me a text when his ST170 was on the rolling road at Power Engineering where it recorded 185bhp in standard trim (170bhp is the quoted factory output!).

You just have to stipulate that the next owner stays in touch ...