Having problems with cars remote central locking

rickparmar

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry bit long but Need as much as help as poss

basically me and dipsA4 live on the same street, now for about a week none of his cars and my cars remote central locking works, but as soon as we move away maybe end of the street it starts to work, my nextdoor neighbour also having problems

so we think there is some electrical waves, somthing has gone wrong, and because of this my marine fish seem really stressed out, and ive lost over 100 pound worth of fish

(mobile phone masts cause fish stress as ive been told, but the nearest one to me is about half mile away)

has this happened to anyone

cars involved

A3
A4
bmw 3 series
bmw 5 series
vauxhall corsa
ford focus
and few others

nope.. weird one that.. but its happened to the computer equipment with the 'mice' in work. Both colleagues seated opposite each other approx 1 metre away, if one moves the mouse, the mouse on the other screen moves too...:think:

Ming Blue said:
nope.. weird one that.. but its happened to the computer equipment with the 'mice' in work. Both colleagues seated opposite each other approx 1 metre away, if one moves the mouse, the mouse on the other screen moves too...:think:

Do they have wireless mice? Particularly bluetooth?

I had this at a customer's site where they had bluetooth keyboards for the telephone operators. When the girlies were typing in a search for the directory, random stuff was coming up on the screen - but not just random letters, words and sentences. Worked out that the guys in the next office had bluetooth keyboards too, and they were interfering....

rickparmar said:
Hey all, sorry bit long but Need as much as help as poss

basically me and dipsA4 live on the same street, now for about a week none of his cars and my cars remote central locking works, but as soon as we move away maybe end of the street it starts to work, my nextdoor neighbour also having problems

so we think there is some electrical waves, somthing has gone wrong, and because of this my marine fish seem really stressed out, and ive lost over 100 pound worth of fish

(mobile phone masts cause fish stress as ive been told, but the nearest one to me is about half mile away)

has this happened to anyone

cars involved

A3
A4
bmw 3 series
bmw 5 series
vauxhall corsa
ford focus
and few others

Is there anyone in the street who is not affected?

As far as I remember, car remote controls work on 418Mhz/433Mhz frequency - see if all the affected people are on the same frequency and the non affected people are on the other? (I think most remote controls have the frequency stamped into the body or on a sticker somewhere)

Or you could find someone with the kit to find out if there is something else on the same frequency....

wireless mice, but not bluetooth..

A nearby TV or FM transmitter can cause these kinds of effects + reduced remote range.

Most Mobile masts should not interfere, except some TETRA (emergency services) transmitters which are powerful and not as far removed from car remote frequencies.

Ming Blue said:
wireless mice, but not bluetooth..
That would actually make more sense...

Conventional wireless peripherals just use a standard radio transmission in the 2.4GHz band, just split into a few channels - so there is plenty of possibility for one device to receive information which was actually meant for another; Bluetooth is more like a proper network protocol, it uses a packeted-stream and headers; so transmissions should only be listened-to by the device with the Bluetooth ID indicated in the header.

None of that helps with the central locking query though! Sorry!

Regards,

Rob.

It's actually quite scary the amount of technical knowledge some of you guys have!

I thought it was all done with ropes, mirrors and pulleys.................

just noticed this morning my bro had a problem with his skoda occy and my alarm was flashing last nite twice without the beep luckly my mate walking his dog text me. its wierd ricks need to sort it. i ****** waisted money on 4 new lithium batterys. hopefully the landlord will find summit 2day let me know ricks.
A3
A4
bmw 3 series 2 of them
bmw 5 series
vauxhall corsa
ford focus
skoda vrs
honda hrv
toyota yaris
and few others