1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you owned an Open Top Car?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jojo, Aug 15, 2008.

?

Have you owned a Cabriolet/Open Top Sportscar?

1. Yes I have in the past

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. I currently own one now

13 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. I wouldn't mind one in the future

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. No thanks, I allergic to UV light.

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

The only cutting he will be doing with this car is cutting people up on the M25.
  2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Had a Dutton Phaeton S3 for a while.

Wife has decided she wants a car again (after nagging me into selling my Fiesta RS Turbo :bye:). Have considered getting her an MX5 or a Golf cab. That said she's not the best at washing cars so might just get her a Polo or Fiesta for a grand and leave her to it
  3. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Sold the my A4 3.0 qs earlier this year to get a Smart Roadster Coupe...........

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bought it mainly due to future increased running costs of the A4, plus I decided having a large powerful saloon car was pointless when the other 3 seats would only get used once in a blue moon! Decided a small fun car was needed for myself & the other half's family run about would get updated at the same time. In fairness its not quite a typical cabrio as it handles way better than the A4 ever could, and would rival an Elise for cornering ability! Not to mention I can get up to 60mpg from the 698cc turbo engine its a lot cheaper to run than the A4 ever would be!! It has a removable targa style hardtop which is a desirable feature on the car, most have an electric soft top which has no lining........chilly in the winter & noisier! Miss the Audi though and would buy it back again in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash lying about!!