1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you got a wet foot well when the air con is on? Answers here.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Gaz!, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Gaz!

Gaz! Member

[Oct 24, 2010]
    For along time now I have been getting a soaked passenger footwell when I put the aircon on. Many people said it was the pollen filter seal. Nope ruled that one out.

I came to the conclustion it must be the aircon condensator leak off pipe.

So today I stripped out the footwell. adament that there must be a leaking pipe in the area.

First out came the glove box, then the centre consoll (what a pain) I pull back the carpet and find it, a leak off pipe, a quick blow down it and I confirm its blocked. So rammed a lenth of wire down it and flushed it through with cleaner, refit and job done.

This is the offender,

[​IMG]

There is only one pipe for the drain off that runs thro the passenger footwell, mine was blocked with **** on the 90 degree bend. so all the water that wanted to leak off filled the tube and ran out of the blower motor.

[​IMG]

Out of the vent hole on the bottom of the fan circled.

After half the day with the AC on im happy job done.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. murran

murran Active Member

[Oct 24, 2010]
    ive seen this before either blocked up with gunge or just plain not connected.
  4. rnotman67

rnotman67 New Member

[Oct 25, 2010]
    Hi, I seem to have a very similar problem!! But it is in the drivers footwell? Is this possible??