1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have i trapped a rattle snake?

RobMorris Nov 15, 2011

1. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

Basically as I start to press in my clutch there is a (best i can describe) a rattle and vibration between changing gears more so inbetween the lower gears.
    Also as im driving along if i touch on the clutch I can hear it also...
    New clutch or release bearing time or something else like a gearbox or gear selector on it way out?

Cheers

2. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

Release bearing I think! Around £40+fitting

3. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

I guess if I paid someone to fit a release bearing they might aswell fit a new cutch aswell right?

4. marknjayne

marknjayne Member

may aswell if you are paying for labour to fit the bearing :)

to be honest though a rattly release bearing is just an annoying noise more than anything

5. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

I was thinking about ignoring it, but this A3 is the first decent car iver ever had so I wanted to keep it perfect!
    Perhaps il just have to learn to ignore it.

Is the bearing a garage / gearbox out job? Or could I do it with a set of home ramps and a spanner?

6. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

it happened on mine thought the dmf had gone but luckily it was the release bearing but i got a new clutch fitted at the same time as it was apart at the time