Have I just been ripped off by Kwik Fit?

tstephens

Reaction score
I've just had my alignment done for my A3.

The front definitely needed doing.

I was informed by the bloke at Kwik Fit that the back right needed doing too, for an extra £20.

He obviously knows more than me, so I obliged.

Here are the printouts:

From what I can tell, I've been charged £20 for no work to be done, as the back right Toe remains the same.

And the total toe has been adjusted by 0.01 degrees.

Have I been ripped off by Kwik Fit?

It's strange how the left rear camber has changed from -0. 54 to -1.02 but the right rear toe at 0.11 was yellow in the initial and 0.11 but green in the final.
Is the rear camber adjustable on these as that looks to have changed rather than the toe.
And it's Kwik Fit , These places always rip you off even if it's with the excessive price they charge for tyres compared to what you can get them for if you shop around.

Karl.

Thanks Karl.

According to this thread, you can adjust the toe. (My A3 is a quattro, forgot to mention in first post).

I guess it isn't Kwik Fit procedure to go messing with the subframe, and the camber is a work-around?

Any thoughts? I'd be happy to ring them up tomorrow for clarification but I'd like some ammunition first. :p

when I read the title I automatically thought "yes" lol

I don't think I know of anyone who's been happy with the service they got at one of these places. They really only do tyres & aircon type jobs normally. Anything harder and you'll end up with the car kept overnight while they fetch an "expert" from elsewhere. They will tend to rip you off if you dont know what you're talking about - eg my step mum paid over the odds for 2 tyres, when I rang them giving the size/rating etc the price was almost half!!