Has anyone used Lellers Valeters?

Westy

Reaction score
Lellers Valeting has moved to a garage round the corner from me so I thought i'd ask them about machine polishing my car. They have quoted me £50 for the whole car and the guy said he'd only be spending about 2 hours on the job! I've heard a lot of people on here say they have put a good 10+ hours into doing the work properly.

Do you think i'd be better off borrowing a maching polisher and doing this work myself so that its done properly or can anyone recomend Lellers work?

http://www.lellers.co.uk/

£50?,.....2 hours?.

Seems too cheap to me as they need at least 2 hours to get the paint clean enough before going near it with a machine! (washing, clay bar etc).

I'd be asking them what they would be doing to clean the car first.

Does that include anything else?, such as wax etc afterwards?, all seems a bit too cheap to me.

Yeah I thought it sounds like a load of rubbish and a rushed job. I think i'll look to borrow a polisher and spend the £50 on products and do the thing myself properly.

I'm a fussy ****** when it comes to my car, the thought of letting someone else near it with a polisher doesnt sit well. I got myself one and took a bit of care and do it myself now.

If you do get your hands on one start on a low cut compound and read up on it first. I use a rotary which requires a bit of care and thought, a DA is considered safer but I've not had any problems...plus Audi paint is hard too so you'd have to REALLY mess things up to cause damage.

Just make sure the cars super clean, mask off any plastics and get yourself a decent wax for afterwards to seal in the shine.

T