I understand that remapping the latest 2.0TDI engine can no longer be done through the diagnostic port and the ECU has to be removed from the car. Has anyone had this done? I like the current A3 very much and mine will be 3 years old in April 2012 so I am considering ordering another existing model even though there is a new model out some time next year. The thing is if I wait for the new model, will I like it as much, will the full range of specs and engines be available at release, will the 6-speed s-tronic still be available? My current A3 has a 2.0TDI CR engine that has been remapped to around 170. With the possible problems with remapping a new 140 I am considering going for a new 170. Slightly more expensive the a 140 and a remap but probably less hassle and, of course, no insurance problems.