1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone fitted vmax coilovers ?

audi14 Mar 10, 2014

1. audi14

audi14 Member

are vmax coil overs anygood the won best coilovers in the fast car magazine for 4 years i would get the fullly ajustible ones ( hight and dampers)

2. audi14

audi14 Member

or other makes like h&r or st what do you guys recomend in the 300 - 450 mark ex vat

3. yeahhluke

yeahhluke Member

APs are a favorite on here, Ive just bought some for my 2.0tdi but I'm yet to fit them

4. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

yezh best budgets are ap's kw's sister company so you know your getting quality

5. Mindak

Mindak Active Member

Iv been told ap's too so gotta save up a little bit before I bite the bullet! Lol

6. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member Audi S3

ap's, had them for ages, can't complain

7. sabers

sabers Active Member

i have v-maxx on my 1.8tfsi sportback , found them hard at first, but now they have settled in they are really good. I drive back from work on a friday 3-4 hours and don't find them uncomfortable. they are not the dampening adjustable ones. awesome round the bends too !

8. audi14

audi14 Member

9. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member Audi S3

how about you give us your reasons for looking at the vmaxx

considering ap's are a favourite forum wide on here, the sensible thing to do would be to have ap's.

however, id be interested to know your reasons for considering the vmaxx

10. audi14

audi14 Member

i have decided to go for ap's since loads of people are saying for the 500 pounds mark they are the best and thank you for all the resposes and i wont to go for the vmax or st as you can ajust the dampering as well i carnt find ap's which you can

11. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Quattro

I had VMAXX on, very good coilovers. Have now got £185 JOM ones and i am just as happy. Cheap and cheerfull and with a 2year warrenty if they **** up after 2years i will simply bin them and buy another set.

Dont want to kick up a fuss, but do you intend to track your car? if not i cannot understand what you would gain from adjustable dampning.

Jonny.

12. audi14

audi14 Member

i dont entend to track it but i just like the idea if i thought ride was to soft or hard i could ajust it

13. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Quattro

:thumbsup: kwl kwl, i would advise replacing top mounts and bearings whilst the legs are out aswell, depending on age/milage

14. audi14

audi14 Member

i just dont wont to make wrong decition as it alot of money at the end of the day ,i mean i could go cheap and get jom's but i been told that the ride comfort and handling just goes **** , i mean jom's are 157 pounds and ap's are 500 must be a massive difference in ride quality (by the i have never boart coilovers befor thats why all the questions)