Has anyone ever had an OEM exhaust where the baffles have collapsed?

Westy

Reaction score
Just a thought really as my standard exhaust seems to be getting louder and louder and I have also been experiencing hesitation on boost but only ocaisonly. Could it be possible that the baffles in the rear box or the centre resonator have collapsed and are causing a slight blockage?

i doubt it, not in the back box, they are a solid maze of pipes.
IF its happened it would be in the centre box, the small one, its packed with the material and kept there with a mesh.

Will be interesting to see if the milltek improves your flow at all matey;)

As for oem baffles not got a clue?

I've seen cars before that have had baffle material coming out of the rear pipe before. But I suspect that was just a cheapy exhaust rather than an OE one. It was basically wire wool.

Ive had similar thoughts about mine funny enough. My car sounds like it has a blowing exhaust but it doesnt. Even if you get under it theres no leaks. It ticks over very loud to. Is this similar to what your getting. Daz

Ive had similar thoughts about mine funny enough. My car sounds like it has a blowing exhaust but it doesnt. Even if you get under it theres no leaks. It ticks over very loud to. Is this similar to what your getting. Daz

Mine was blowing and was actually quiet when it was leaking. Since I've sorted the leak in the down pipe and the gases are now going through the back box it sounds louder!

You'll lov the Milltek. Mine was a little loud at first but it's starting to get better as the carbon builds up ;)

My OEM was pretty loud too but the Milltek is nice on boost :D

The "special" pipes stick out a bit though. Wondering if this dude didn't fit it quite right or something?

Just a thought really as my standard exhaust seems to be getting louder and louder and I have also been experiencing hesitation on boost but only ocaisonly.

I currently also have this issue. Mine has gradually got louder since i bought the car in Feb. Mine sounds very much like the downpipe is blowing and occasionally will get a wiff of what i can only describe as a distinct acidic fumes from the cat, so i'm presuming its nackered.

Had the car on the ramp a few weeks back and the flexi section of the downpipe seemed to have an obvious dark grey patch, which would suggest its blowing. In addition to this, my rear silencer seems to have got louder also but i couldn't see any obvious holes/leakage points.

I am due to get a full turbo back stainless system next week, so i will report back with pics when ive got my standard system off. I have been told that the downpipes are common for blowing, especially between the turbo-downpipe gasket.

Well the on OEM part I have left is from the decat back. I'll report back once I've fitted the milltek. Going to remove my DP too so I can fit studs and nuts instea of the crappy bolts I'm currently using.

Milltek is due to arrive on Monday or tuesday but I'm moving house on Friday so I might not get time to fit it till I'm in my new place.