Has anyone else had this ?? Engine fan not stopping

duncangoncalves

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I noticed that after I'd stopped and gotten out of my A3 the engine fan was still going and I'd just been doing normal speeds nothing unusal didn't think anything of it and forgot about it.
Each day going on the fan got worse and worse and while I was driving I noticed that it was going full on engine temp was normal and again when I stopped and turned the engine off the fan was still going and wouldn't stop for 4-5 hours after a few calls to Audi assistance they finally recovered my car to the local garage couple of days later yep need new fans the fans seem to run on a separte temp gauge but there on back order from Audi and it'll be mid November before I can have my car back!!!

But it's not all bad cos my new A3 2.0 Tdi 170 s-line quattro that I ordered what seems like a century ago 'August'!! has come and I can collect tomorrow :) but it's still and pain in the **** that it will take 3 ish weeks to get my A3 out of Audi and it's only a 04 2.0 tdi sport

Has anyone else had a problem with there engine fans ?

Had exactly the same problem with mine and had to disconnect the battery overnight to avoid the fan flattening the battery.

Booked it into the dealer but, after a couple of days of the problem, it managed to fix itself just before the dealer got their hands on it and of course they couldn't find anything wrong.

Mine 'sometimes' fixed it's self after a while I'd turn over the engine and it would stop but after a couple of days that stopped working 'mind of it's self'

About 3 weeks ago I'd got back from a 4 mile journey, put the car in the garage and the fan kept going for quite sometime, must've been about 10 mins. Wasn't hot outside at all.

I looked in the handbook and it said 10 mins was normal so I'll ignore it.

I had noticed that the fan was coming on very early even when the car had been sat all day so was cold. But it hadn't not turned off.