1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAS A RE-MAP MADE IT WORSE

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by archiemac281, Feb 11, 2011.

1. archiemac281

archiemac281 Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    Need some advice, I have a2007 S-Line 1.9 115bhp which I have had remapped and now the preformance has increased (far better) however, I have noticed I am only getting about 35 to the gallon. Should I be getting better, I only use the car to and from work which is about 8 miles away and I have been driving carefully to see what I am getting. Not sure if its any different as I have never been aware of what miles I done per gallon prior to it being remapped or its just the case of the cost of diesel creepping up. Is this mileage good bad or indifferent your views are welcome and could the remap made it worse. Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    35 mpg average on an 8-mile trip sounds good as I doubt your car is even operating at optimum temperature for much for the journey..
  4. benr

benr Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    I agree 8 miles is a short trip. Take some long trips to get a better idea. Also if you just had a remap you might be a bit more heavy footed at the moment?

my 2.0 tdi is terrible mpg on trips like this
  5. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

[Feb 11, 2011]
    you will see the benefits on a long run mate, my S4(B5) i was getting around 28mpg and after the remap and good fuel(optimax) i can get 31.2mpg so a remap definately gives my car better econonmy and its bloody fast at the same time lol

if i was to do 8 miles a day i would get around 21/22 mpg as the engine isnt even working byt the time you have to stop.

cost of diesel wont affect your mpg on you DIS mate. just take her for a long run on the weekend and see what she can do.

hows the more power??? liking it i bet :)
  6. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Feb 11, 2011]
    as above 8 mile your not realy up to temp aswell
    and its prob start stop most of the way
    so it sounds good
  7. archiemac281

archiemac281 Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    Thanks alot chaps, makes no difference anyway as I love the car and since its been remapped its much better on preformance but I was wondering if there was a problem with it as some people are saying you should be getting around 50 miles to the gallon, some people know nothing and thats why I come on here and asked you chaps. Thanks again, David
  8. N16KSH

N16KSH Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    i have a 2.0tdi and i get around 40 mpg driving like a sunday driving grandad on a trip of about 4 mile but mine aint remapped ..... i would say have a drive to cost this weekend (if ya dont live on one already) and see how she does then