1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardwired brodit mount

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by trevormuk1, May 21, 2008.

1. trevormuk1

trevormuk1 New Member

2. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

I've had a hard-wired Brodit mount for my HP iPaq 4700 in my current Sportback since March 2007 and I had a similar mount in my previous A3 for nearly 3 years and no problems at all.

I have just purchased a new TomTom sat/nav and have another Brodit mount on order for that.
  3. trevormuk1

trevormuk1 New Member

thanks for the reply ..

Are they easy to instal? where do you feed the red and black wire to?

Many thanks
  4. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

I think in my present set-up the red wire is connected to an existing feed wire to the radio using a 'scotch-lock' connector and the black wire to an existing black wire in the same way.

With the new mount I have just ordered I have gone for one with a 12v socket plug on the end (Brodit 215201). I already have an existing in-line 12v socket connected to an earth fixing bolt and a spare live connector in the fuse box at the driver's end of the dash for a Micro-Go camera unit. I have a 12v socket doubler and I intend to use this so that both the Brodit for the TomTom and the MicroGo can both be plugged into the 12v in-line socket. I will then wrap the whole thing in foam to prevent an rattles. There is quite a bit of room available behind the dash.
  5. trevormuk1

trevormuk1 New Member

Thanks again ... really helpful.
    The active holders are quite pricey (compared to the passive) ...but I think they are worth it!
    Thanks