1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy F***ing Christmas

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by voorhees, Dec 23, 2008.

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 23, 2008]
    I left a well paid two months ago for a better paid one which wasn't my profession (welding) which seemed a good idea to save my lungs but Rolls Royce have just told me not to bother coming back after the holidays due to the order book being put on hold....they do say a job will be waiting for me but it will be twelve months or so.

little bit annoyed.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Dec 23, 2008]
    Bugger.

Not much consolation to you but I was in the Naval Base in Portsmouth for a meeting a couple of weeks ago and they reckon they can't get welders for love nor money.
  4. benr

benr Member

[Dec 23, 2008]
    So your profession is welding?

Gutted for you fella... really **** time to be looking for a job at the mo too... and i dont even know what that profession is like at the mo..

Good luck squire
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 24, 2008]
    Terrible News Jase :(

Hope things work out for you mate, what a rotten way to spend Christmas.
  6. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

[Dec 24, 2008]
    Sorry to hear that, it always seems to hit engineering first doesn't it!! Last time I was made redundant was christmas eve a few years ago. Not a good way to spend christmas.
    Hope you find something in the New Year.
  7. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

[Dec 24, 2008]
    Thats ***** news for christmas.....but dont worry Jay im sure you'll find something, or this use this opportunity to go self employed!
  8. voorhees

[Dec 24, 2008]
    fingers crossed it'll be okay its just if they would of told me five days ago I would of been walking into another job but its gone.

Les its Rolls Royce Aerospace
  9. auditek

auditek Member

[Dec 24, 2008]
    that sucks, im in the same boat. dont know what path to go down in a few weeks. if i was told 3 weeks ago instead of last fri. i couldve been in a new job 5 jan. its like they just have you guessin till the end and you see an oppurtunity but stay where you are, thinking things are ok.were only a number, sometimes its more true than we realise...................
    hope all works out for you next few weeks.
  10. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Dec 24, 2008]
    Sorry to hear about that mate things are starting to look really bad.I have given myself a 20% pay cut as business is not good at the moment and is unlikely to get better in the next year.

Unless of course you are employed in the public sector as the mindless spending juggernaut carries on regardless of whats happening in the real world.
    You can guarantee brown and his mindless shitheads are going to have a good christmas.
  11. voorhees

[Dec 24, 2008]
    Of course they will and when they retire a big fat pension awaits them,no ******* justice in this world.

Thanks for all the kind words,I guess I can say at least I have my health..*cough*
  12. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Dec 24, 2008]
    That's something to be happy about. One of our directors was involved in a serious car accident last night, and although conscious, she's going to be in intensive care for a few weeks. Quite shocking, especially so close to Christmas.

Regarding the work, don't panic - there are jobs out there still.
  13. yendall24

yendall24 Member

[Dec 25, 2008]
    i feel for you mate i have been getting made redundant every friday for the last 5 weeks it finaly came and i finished on christmas eve the building game is probably the worst hit we have gone from boom to bust in 9 month the ironic thing is our last job was for a banker who as just spent 370.000 doing his house up. and do you know what he said to me the day i was being laid off he was telling me how stressed his wife was about the move back in to a 2 million pound house. i asked if his wife would like to swop her stress for mine he never replied that was the hardest day of my working career just keeping my mouth shut these clowns need bringing down a peg or two
  14. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

[Dec 30, 2008]
    Bummer, I know how you feel although this is the first christmas in over three years that I am actually working.

I've been contracting for the past three years mainly corporate but the work started drying out earlier in the year... for the past six months I have specifically switched back to public sector contracts simply becasue thay have endless funding and they are forever recruiting...