Hang my head in shame!!

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well what a start to the week! Had to call the RAC out this morning on my way to work! I ran out of petrol! :banghead:

In my defence my fuel gauge did not show empty, showed almost empty and the range still said 10 miles!

The RAC man was very helpful and soon had me back on my way, he also did say when he first walked over to me and I said I think it may be petrol that he was relived! He said when the call came on his computer that an Audi A4 05 had just lost power and stopped he had no idea what the fault could be as they were bulit proof!

Also shocked me as to how scary it was, the RAC truck parked 100 yards away from me with all the lights flashing, and still almost had a truck go right through it. Did not realise he was not moving and tuck some heavy braking and ABS to stop him!

Last edited:
Nobody likes the hard shoulder mate, but at least you have RAC cover. It pays for itself in those sorts of conditions.

Same with on the M5 hard shoulder, in the rain, at night when it was 4 degrees and my alternator had packed in and the car had run out of electrickery. That money you pay per year all of a sudden seems well worth it!!

Glad you got it sorted, have to agree, RAC is a Godsend, I only had the basic cover, but since we had the little one, it makes alot more sense to have as much cover as possible, as the last thing you need is to be stranded on the side of a motorway with a little baby, too many horror stories to think about!!

Happens to the best of us mate, should of vagcom'd it to check fuel levels :lmfao:

Yup, my gearbox blew up on the M42, and I manage to coast to the hardshoulder with the gearbox mincing itself to death. Highway Agency workers turned up within 5 minutes to push me into a layby thing within the hardshoulder for safety reasons.

Happens to the best of us mate, should of vagcom'd it to check fuel levels :lmfao:

Where is fuel levels under VAG-COM, as i need to do this, and will it be actual levels?

Glad you got it sorted, have to agree, RAC is a Godsend, I only had the basic cover, but since we had the little one, it makes alot more sense to have as much cover as possible, as the last thing you need is to be stranded on the side of a motorway with a little baby, too many horror stories to think about!!

I get brake down from the bank! First time i have used it and it was very fast service.

Dude I was kidding, but I kinda remember a fuel sender reading in an MB fella, have to go dig it out now, shyte lol.

Just be carefull with this free cover boys i work for a big recovery company in Scotland and with the free stuff via the bank etc you are only allowed 20 miles max ,each club is diffrernt some less so check the small print ,as we are the guys who get it tight when we turn up and tell you ,you are only to be taken to a safe location with facilities ,i.e next services no good if you are 100 mile plus from home , ed

Really, feck thats unrea these cmpanies are unscrupulous man, unreal.