Hands free

Josh.bapty

Reaction score
Hi all,

recently got a 12 plate s line a3 and setting up the handsfree seems to be more of a pain than expected, I got them to pair and if someone calls me it's okay, but if I press the call button on the steering wheel it will only ever say either 'Jamie, Lucy ' or ' delete phone book' and I don't have a single Jamie or Lucy in my phone book so I'm rather confused as to what to do,

any one got any ideas?

cheers

Update*

I've managed to remove Jamie and Lucy after phoning Jamie first by accident, but now it only seems to let me add one contact at a time and that's not easiest thing to do to say the least, it doesn't seem to want to let me finish the number before it saves it, is there any way I can sync my complete phone book in one go? I have an iPhone 5, I can sync it with my mums 09 plate fiat 500 so surely my 12 plate audi will do the same?!?

Audi phone set up is (or should be quite easy)

I'm not sure how many phones you can pair to the car so firstly I would delete any pairings that show.

Then follow this video tutorial.

Communication services < Get to know your Audi < Owners Area < Audi

Make sure you select the option to automatically connect on your phone so that whenever you get in the car it will download the phonebook automatically.

iphone 5 is compatible and should give you contacts from the SIM and your Phone. It sounds like you may not have set up correctly so I would start again.

Thank you, I'll have another go tomorrow as I couldn't work out how to remove all existing phones let alone sync the phone book it just says the phone book is empty at the moment