handheld speed camera

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi,

I was driving my S3 in a 30 not really paying massive attention on my speed until i spotted a policeman in the distance, i looked down and i was possibly doing slightly over 30, maybe 35...
it was a handheld black camera and there were several police police standing around, they didnt pull me over...
do those camera record? i was having a very relaxed drive in my S3 and i really dont want to be driving in fear for the next few weeks!
How accurate are the S3 speedos generally? i dont have a GPS to check mine :-S

Cheers

Id imagine youll be fine, ok you were technically speeding but i you think you were at 35 ish you may have been recorded at 33 or so and Id like to think they loverly boys in blue would let you off with a hard staring at. I have been done for 37 mind you but by a fixed camera, yeh harsh I know as generally Im regarded as a boring driver (unless im on a track).

I think they allow 10% anyways which means you were good for the 33 I mentioned. I wouldnt lose any sleep matey.

Pretty sure handheld cameras they pull you over if they clock you. It's only the vans with the hole in the back that can take pictures. 99% sure iirc

ur given 10% for ur speedo allowance and 2mph on top of that, so in a 30 you could get away with 35 ( if your speedo was dot on!) most under read anyway. i think with laser cameras they can only pul you over there and then

if they send you anything jus ignore it. i did and got away with it. ******** to them!

Right,....clarification time...

Police DO NOT USE handheld cameras....the device you saw would have been a pro-laser or something similar to clock your speed. It has no photographic properties to it at all. It purely measures your speed...the officer sees the speed and one of the other ones will have waved you in if they wanted a chat with you.

When we do it, generally we give you a bit more tolerance than you explained so we wouldnt have bothered with you. Generally over 40 and we'll be having a chat, under that and you're not stopped.

if they send you anything jus ignore it. i did and got away with it. ******** to them!

I'd ignore this if I were you....these things have a nasty habit of biting you in the **** when you least expect it.

lol Thanks for that Tom, i was very worried i might be receiving something through the post but thats put my mind at rest.
Im generally very cautious with my speed but it only takes one lack of concentrating on it and thats it landed with 3 points, something i cant afford with the amount i pay for insurance!
S3 NPD think your pretty lucky if they have just forgotten about you :)

Just another point, does anyone have any camera detection devices like the roadangel devices?
any recommendations? I think i may invest in one!