Halogen Headlights

Owyn

Reaction score
Evening all,

What are peoples experiences of the halogen headlights on these cars?
Mine appear to be terrible, I seem to be relying on intuition most of the time while driving in the dark. Is this normal or do I have a problem.

I would really like to avoid spending hundreds but if there's something I can do cheaply to throw a bot more light down the road, I'm all ears.

Of course I absolutely don't want to be dazzling other road users and would prefer not to stray into the grey area of retrofitting xenons.

Ta

I don't have hologens on the Audi - but I do on the VRS and they were shocking (probably similar system). Couldn't see a thing at night!
Went to halfords and picked up some 130% brighter GE's which were on offer. They made a huge difference.

No idea why manufactures skimp on safety - wouldn't cost much to install a brighter bulb rather than the s***e ones they seem to prefer!

Sounds like that's just the way they are then, I'll just have to keep eating carrots!
I already have some Philips bulbs in there, can't remember the increase in performance in percentage terms but they did improve things a bit.
My bike lights are better.

Reactions: Dado
As above standard Van Helsing coach candles are shocking and downright dangerous .

The GE 130 are good and came 3rd in this test , Philips Xtreme Vision and Osram Night Breakers once the top dogs are now down the order .

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/76760/best-car-headlight-bulbs-group-test

Top marks went to Philips Racing Vision 150 but they only have a 6 month warranty and 200hr working life so 2nd place Ring Xenon 130 would be the best pick .

Ring now have a 150 that has a 350hr working life .

RW1577-image-3.jpg

I've got the Philips 130 extremes in at the minute so may try the 150s.
Maybe they are designed to be rubbish so everyone specs the xenon's.

Sounds like that's just the way they are then, I'll just have to keep eating carrots!
I already have some Philips bulbs in there, can't remember the increase in performance in percentage terms but they did improve things a bit.
My bike lights are better.

What bike do you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk