Halogen Headlight, side light and fogs upgrades...What bulbs

Tiffy

Reaction score
I have the halogen headlights/fog lights on my A4 but i want to upgrade to the better bright white light bulbs...what are people using.

Also, is there a good fog light bulb to use thats bright white........

What Mac said, I also have osram have just ordered some Cree led from Trups as well as fogs. Will let you know what the like when fitted, side lots will be done this week. Fogs on SE are bit harder to do I think!!!

Mac, what Led's you running?

Ok guys...Cheers

So if I fit Osram night breakers and the fog lights from the other thread... What sidelights can I use to get the white light??

I would LEDs would best your best bet mate, hopefully mine will be here tomorrow so ill update u then pal.

Yer, looks to be LEDs..... But the ones I have seen are more blue than white I think.... I will wait to here what yours are like...

Nightbreaker Plus dipped beam and Philips Vision Plus (+60%) for main beam - because I had them lying around from my last car. Pretty happy so far, not significantly inferior to the Xenons I had on my B6 a few years ago.

What Mac said, I also have osram have just ordered some Cree led from Trups as well as fogs. Will let you know what the like when fitted, side lots will be done this week. Fogs on SE are bit harder to do I think!!!

Mac, what Led's you running?
Picked up a set from the bay, but they they have more of a blue tinge than white, so i've just g]ot a set of ice white bulbs from T8ups he had lying around from a Merc iirc, but interested in a set of cree led's if they are closer to the Osram's

I spotted those Creed leds....think i may go for them aswell, and the fog lights from him

as soon as cree's arrive i'll post pics lads. currently got mtec 501's in there..... to be honest are awful, not sure why as they were really good in previous car. but are a bit on the blue side.

as soon as cree's arrive i'll post pics lads. currently got mtec 501's in there..... to be honest are awful, not sure why as they were really good in previous car. but are a bit on the blue side.

Excellent, let's hope they come up closer to the Osrams

fitted crees tonight. WOW the light output is amazing for sidelights. so white too, makes my dipped look so yellow though, makes me wonder if i swopped the high beam for osram instead of dipped!! will check over weekend.

pics of sidelights

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 438
Looking really good.

I fancy some of those, got a link mate?

I'm overhauling my lighting at the weekend, have some Philips Diamond Vision for the dipped beam and some of TUPS hyper white fog bulbs.

Should compliment my DRL's and LED sidelights nicely hopefully.

My LED sidelights are quite dim though, the Cree look great.

Dan

Get them Dan they are awesome!!! All from Trups pal, will need the harness to stop errors coming up! Post pics up of dipped and full beam, think I need to revisit mine....

Ben

Hi Ben.

I'll grab some Cree off eBay, any idea what wattage yours are mate?

I don't have check control, so I'm all good for no warnings.

Cheers

Purchased, can't wait to get them in.

My mission, all front lighting the same colour. Mission impossible!!!

I know this is an old thread but rather this than create a new thread.
I fitted some cree LEDs from Trups earlier, great white output but now need dipped bulbs to match. What are the recommendations?