1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Touch-Up Paint Nib?

A3 T Jul 14, 2011

1. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

Hi guys

I've had a few of these kits in the past and this is going to sound like a stupid question but......

From what I've read there should be a metal tube to allow you to fill in small chips, The problem is i cant find it......lol

I know that if you unscrew it then you have a fine brush, and if you pull the lid off its meant to reveal the this tube... But if i pull the lid off all i end up with is a hole and the metal tube stays in the lid.

Like i said I've got a few of these kits and they are all the same.

Any ideas or am i missing something ?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Always buy your touch up kit's from maindealer.. Use a cocktail stick if need be.

3. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

halfords **** as usual as colin said get either main dealer or a car paint specalist can mix up the right colour for you all you need is the colour code

4. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

Thanks for the replies guys ;)

But i think you've miss read my question......lol

I've already got a couple of there kits, what i want to know is where is the metal tube (nib) ?

5. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

it should be there when you take the cap off if its not then take it back as ask halfrauds where it is as its been manufactured wrongly i would have thought mate

6. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

I don't think anything is missing mate as I've got a few of these kits now from previous cars...etc and i cant see it in any of them :(

7. FranA3

hmmm i dont know then soz dude

8. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

No probs mate ;)

I have tried using a tooth pick (cocktail stick) but the trouble is that the paint seems to instantly dry on the stick and not come off onto the paintwork....lol