1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Drying Towels

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Dani_B19, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Just been to halfords for some coolant and whyll i was there i had alook at the cleaning section and saw halfords own make drying towels, 2 pack for £4.50 compared to other places that cost £10 for 1. They any good or not? Also there was two types, microfibre and a chamois type one?
  2. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Your paying for two things with a drying towel, its absorbency - which is easy to do - if for example you laid a bath towel on your car it would soak up the water.
    2nd thing paying for is its ability not to scratch your paintwork.
    Things to look for in a towel are sewn edges, no labels etc on the towel.

One method to test this is to rub it across the data side of a cd if it scratches / marks the surface it will do the same to your paint work.

Same test can be applied to a wash mitt.

Not saying for one minute the towels that Halfords sell are bad in any way , but I would deffo steer clear of the chamois ones and would try the cd test first.

Than have a look at http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?

Richard
  3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

ill defo do that first, cant afford anymore damage to my paint work :keule:
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

We used to rely solely on these, and they were very good...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-waffle-weave-towel-wash.html

...but these newer luxury towels are quite frankly incredible in terms of softness, plushness and absorbancy...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/deep-pile-luxury-drying-towel-wash.html

So good in fact, that we switched the towels we include in all of our wash kits as a result. Worth nearly £10 each? Yes, once you see and feel one in the flesh, and realise they can be washed hundreds of times with no let up in softness, then absolutely.

:icon_thumright:
  5. paul_a3_tdi130

paul_a3_tdi130 Member

WX51TXR
    Would one of the second towels dry one car or would i need two or more?
  6. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Thes towels are the business, bought one myself recently and I can dry the whole car without having to wring it out, super soft and plush also

Mark
  7. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Cheers for answering above Mark, haven't been on for a week now, crazy busy! Aye, on a well waxed or sealed surface, one towel is all you need. If you are tackling unloved paint with no beading/sheeting at all, then a few to hand can be very handy... :yes: